Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No more excuses..

     Been away for a month and in that time, I wish I could say I've been writing like my life depends on it. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I'm presently sitting here on my cozy couch, sipping away at a mug of green tea with lemon, watching the snow fall outside my window. Ever have one of those moments when the task before you is so mountainous, you feel frozen in place? That moment when there's so much to be done, you can't even find the courage to begin.  
    
      When I first began this blog, some of you may remember, I had just signed up for National Novel Writing Month.  The idea is to write 50,000 words of a novel, beginning on November 1st.  It was something I had always wanted to try, but never had the time, or the nerve to do it.  Well, I'm proud to say, I did it!  With a 30 lb. pack on my back in S. E. Asia, I managed to keep up with the grueling schedule of writing nearly 2,000 words a day.   It took two full days of speed writing when I returned home, but I hit 50K at last, one day before the deadline. It was quite an accomplishment for me. I savoured the moment of triumph when I pressed the submit button. So the  question I find myself asking is... now what? Where do I go from here? 
procrastinator |prəˈkrastəˌnāt; prō-|-ˌnātər|
 noun [ intrans. ]
    To delay or postpone actionput off doing something.     One who procrastinates.
    Could this be me? Should there be a picture of my face in the dictionary next to this definition? January has come and gone. Time to renew my resolutions. Time to get back in gear.    February will be better..I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment