Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ramps/wild leeks. Garlicky in flavour. Grill or saute.

I love Spring! It is truly my favorite season of the year.  I don't even mind the showers. Which in New England are inevitable, although today it's more like freezing rain. I'm not sure if being born in Spring has anything to do with it, but I think it's the anticipation that gets me giddy. When the first flowers begin to emerge, I can barely contain myself. Already, I'm dreaming of my favorite foods; Ramps, morels, fiddleheads and favas. And the dishes I will create with these amazing ingredients. Recipes are literally percolating in my head.



Recipes to come as soon as I can get my hands on the ingredients.





Potato and Ricotta Gnocchi w/ sauteed ramps and fiddleheads, garlic roasted morels and sundried tomatoes

Balsamic glazed Filet of Salmon w/ english pea Risotto

Fava Crostini with shaved fennel and pecorino

Crispy fried Baby Artichoke Chips with Fava puree

No comments:

Post a Comment